A PDM (Power Distribution Module) is a device used to replace conventional relays and fuses in a vehicle electrical system. The Hardwire Electronics PDM takes inputs from physical switches, analogue voltages, or the CAN bus, and provides power to different electronic devices such as radiator fans, fuel pumps and head lights. The current being drawn from each connected device is continuously monitored. If the measured current is too high due to a fault, the PDM switches off the respective output to prevent further damage to the wiring loom or the connected device. The PDM can then retry the output to see if the fault has cleared.
- 4x Deutch DT Connectors + contacts
- USB memory stick with PDM software and instructions preloaded
- USB Cable
- M8 ring terminal & cover
Advantages Over Fuses and Relays
- Greatly simplifies system wiring and reduces system component count.
- Reduces the weight of the electrical system.
- Provides increased reliability over traditional systems using mechanical relays.
- Solid state technology removes the problem of relay contact corrosion and relay bouncing in vibration heavy applications.
- Smart features such as indicator and wiper motor modes remove the need for extra control units.
- Current draw can be monitored and logged to pre-emptively detect faults.
- Size: 200x160x54mm
- Weight: 615g
- Operating Temperature: -55°C to 90°C (-67°F to 194°F)
- Construction: Glass Fibre Reinforced Plastic
- IP Rating: IP67
- Connectors: Deutsch DT 12-Pin
- Update Rate: Up to 800Hz
- Type: 16 Analogue inputs, which can also serve as digital inputs
- Measurement Range: Each input can measure between 0V-6V
- Measurement Resolution: 10-Bit, or 0.01V
- Protection: Fully protected for input voltages from -24V to 40V
- Added Features: Current sourcing for ground switch detection. Configure as active high or low. Configurable Hysteresis voltage. Latching or momentary operation.
- Type: 15 High side outputs 80A peak, 20A continuous.
- Combined: 180A combined output maximum current
- Output Current Control Steps: 100mA (0.1A)
- Protection: Each output is overcurrent, overtemperature, load dump and reverse polarity protected.
- 5V: One 5V, 500mA output for supplying external sensors/Hardwire Electronics CAN Keypad
- Added Features: Outputs can be configured to stay on for a specified time after the input is removed, useful for thermo-fans. Outputs can be retried multiple times after an over-current event is detected.
- Storage: 128Mb of onboard flash storage for logging PDM data
- Speed: 0.1Hz to 50Hz
- Viewing: Data can be downloaded and graphed via the Hardwire Electronics PDM configurator software
- Output Functions: Each Output can be switched with a user defined function
- Logical Operators: AND, OR, NOR, XOR, NAND, NOR, >, >=, <, <=, Equal, Not Equal
- Version: Bluetooth v4.0
- App: Available in future software update
- Type: USB 2.0 Compliant Mini-B
- Driver: Integrated driver for Windows 10
- Interface: 1x CAN2.0A/B
- Bus Speed: 50kbps, 100kbps, 125kbps, 250kbps, 500kbps, 1000kbps
- Input Stream: 15 Inputs, fully customisable variable parsing with bit masking and math functions
- Output Stream: 15 Outputs, fully customisable CAN frame construction with math functions